Could your little one use a Big?
It all starts with the right role models. And Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region is the place to start a relationship with one. For over 30 years, we’ve been able to recruit, screen, match and support mentoring relationships that have changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of young people across the country — one Little at a time.
You’ll feel the impact as much as your little.
A study for Big Brothers Big Sisters found that kids matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister:
- are more confident
- are more likely to steer clear of drugs and alcohol
- do better in school
- get along better with their family and friends
- feel better about themselves
You know what’s best for your child. So we’ll need your help from the start, providing information about your child’s strengths and needs, and ultimately approving the Big Brother or Big Sister match. But your role doesn’t end there.
Safety from the start.
Your child’s safety is extremely important to us. Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region conducts thorough background checks on every volunteer in our program, and every relationship is closely monitored and supported by a professionally trained match coordinator.
Orientation and Training Schedule
Ready to enroll your child? Please RSVP by contacting Cassandra at 717.236.0199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1500 North 2nd Street, Suite H, Harrisburg, PA 17102
Parking available behind the building. Please use spots labeled “BBBS”.
- Tuesday, December 4 at 6 p.m. (volunteers only)
64 E. North Street, PA 17013
- Tuesday, October 30 at 6 p.m. (volunteers only)
- Wednesday, November 14 at 6 p.m. (parent/guardians only)
542 Cumberland Street, Suite A, Lebanon, PA 17042
- Thursday, November 15 at 5:30 p.m. (volunteers only)
- Thursday, December 20 at 12 p.m. (parent/guardians only)
2120 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Tuesday, October 30 at 6 p.m. (parent/guardians and volunteers)