Donations from individuals comprise approximately 10% of our organizational budget. Many choose to support Big Brothers Big Sisters through our annual appeal effort which records funds on a January through December calendar year. Donors may choose to support Big Brothers Big Sisters trough the avenue that is most convenient for them.
- Cash/Check – Please make your check payable to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region and remit to 1519 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102. Contributions may be fully deductible for donors who itemize federal income taxes. All donors will receive a written acknowledgement/tax receipt for their contributions.
- Bank Account Auto Withdrawal – This option provides donors a simple and secure way to provide on-going support to Big Brothers Big Sisters; gifts may be debited monthly or quarterly as requested by the donor. Click here for an auto withdrawal form (a PDF). Please print and mail the form with a voided check, attention: Finance Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region, 1519 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102. With questions, call 717.236.0199, ext. 232.
- Credit/Debit Payment – Donors may choose a one-time gift or monthly/quarterly account withdrawal simply by providing debit/credit account information. Contact our Finance Director (Smiller@capbigs.org) to make payment arrangements (717.236.0199, ext. 232).
- Deferred Gift – A deferred gift will allow a donor to make a planned gift to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region over a period of years or as part of an estate plan. By creating a charitable remainder trust or charitable gift annuity, individuals can establish a lasting legacy that will have a positive impact on the lives of many children in our area. For more information about deferred giving, please contact your legal adviser or our Chief Executive Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org), or 717.236.0199. The “Leave a Legacy” web site is a terrific resource for more information about deferred giving www.leavealegacy.org.
- Stocks/Securities –A gift of appreciated stock makes sense for everyone, regardless of your tax bracket. Tax benefits for donors with appreciated stock in excess of one year are two-fold: (1) avoid paying capital gains upon transfer to Big Brothers Big Sisters, (2) receive an income tax charitable deduction for the full market value of the stock on the date of the gift. Depending upon your tax bracket and the size of the gift, there may be an opportunity to carry the charitable income tax deduction over several years.