Events Manager – Fundraising & Special Initiatives – Full Time
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region is seeking an individual to coordinate and manage agency events as part of the Development Team. This includes both fundraising events as well as program events for our special initiatives. This position maintains a high degree of contact with both corporate sponsors and program participants.
- Volunteer management
- Attention to detail
- CRM/database management (Salesforce is preferred)
- Ability to “ask” (sponsorships, venue coordination, volunteer engagement, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with a broad audience and multi task projects
- Microsoft Office and PC proficiency
Do you have the –
- Ability to think strategically, see the big picture and implement strategy
- Demonstrated success in conducting initial outreach to prospective donors/sponsors, schools, community members, program clients
- Attention to detail for both event organization as well as relationship development
- Ability to maintain high degree of contact with the corporate community, individual donors and mentors
- Positive attitude and ability to create, cultivate and expand agency relationships
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Travel to branch locations required. Some evening and weekend hours but staff have ability to work a flex schedule.
BBBS offers a competitive benefits package to include: Flex schedule, health benefits, 401 (K), PTO
Please send cover letter and resume with three professional references and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 28, 2019.